High fidelity Operator Training Simulator (OTS)
Stamicarbon develops high fidelity Operator Training Simulator systems for a wide range of customers in different kind of industries. Customers of Stami Digital solutions are licensers, engineering contractors, plant owners as well as the training centers.
The history of Protomation
With more than 25 years of global experience in the field of production processes, process control and process simulation, Protomation is fully specialized in Operator Training Solutions.
Due to the worldwide experience Protomation has gained a lot of knowledge of different cultures and circumstances over the past 25 years. This makes our specific knowledge even greater and by attending training courses, education, ICT, software development and projects we continue to develop this specific knowledge on a daily basis. This ensures continuity so that things like the OTS system with Protomation and model tools are developed in-house. Independence, flexibility and customer focus are important features for Protomation.
In the past years we have facilitated companies like Shell, DSM, AKZO Nobel, Petrobras, Sabic and ExxonMobil.
Custom made OTS
Some of the Operator Training Simulators (OTS) are joint efforts between Stamicarbon and the clients. Licensing of these applications is subject to certain conditions and approval. These applications can be tailored to customer’s requirements.
Stamicarbon builds and delivers Operator Training Simulators based on high fidelity and robust dynamic ‘Protomation process models‘ developed according to our customer’s requirements.
Stamicarbon’s Project Execution Plan (PEP) is ISO9001:2015 certified. Our project approach includes four phases: Definition, Planning, Execution and Evaluation.
During the project definition phase we set up the functional specification of the system to be designed and built, in close cooperation with the customer. Functional and non-functional requirements are identified and documented in open discussions, extensively elaborating on use cases and exception handling.
In the planning phase we set out the route to achieve the project objectives by taking constraints in various resources into account. This results in a complete projectplan.
During the project execution phase the system analyses and design will result in an evolutionary and iterative system implementation. Prototypes play a central role in the communication with intended users of the system. This approach is particularly valuable for the design of man-machine interfaces.
We strongly believe in a joint development, in which the opinions of system users play a decisive role, being the basis for the acceptance and success of the system. Systems are instruments that render services to humans. In our view the user’s perception of the process and system’s internals is of utmost importance for the optimal use of the instrument so the man-machine interface must be designed with great care.
In the past 20 years Stamicarbon has developed a wide variety of generic OTS applications ready to be used for thorough training of operators and/or students. Contact us for more information.
Possibilities with a STAMI Digital OTS
A Stami Digital OTS enables you to ..
- Educate operators well.
- Provide insights in processes.
- Practice every situation.
- Structure training's as you want.
- Practise awareness management.
- Have detailed reports available.
- Facilitate your instructor and/or trainer.
- Have full graphical information.
- Run tests, to tune controllers and to predict or investigate to know the plant behaviour better.
The Stami Digital OTS package
We deliver ..
- A high fidelity OTS.
- Training for the use of the OTS.
- Maintenance of the products and software.
- Customer specific applications.
- Training scripts.
- Specific custom process simulations.
- On site support.
ADVANTAGES OF A STAMI DIGITAL OTS
Avoiding an emergency shut down of 1 day can safe more than half a million EUR, and the cost of not operating under the optimal conditions quickly goes above 10 million EUR per year. Improving those situations will quickly pay off a Stami Digital high fidelity OTS. Check here below and learn more about all the advantages!
- Less operational mistakes, reduced number of human mistakes resulting in less down time.
- Less deviations from optimal conditions: more efficient performance.
- Increased operating reliability.
- Faster recovery after inevitable upsets.
- Low Life-Cycle-Cost.
- Lower insurance costs.
- Better financial results.
- Meet specific laws.
- Increased safety.
- Technical accuracy, high fidelity.
- Risky/strange situations can be trained.
- Deeper timing and process knowledge.
- Aimed intervention at disturbances, faster operator response under common and uncommon deviations.
- Well trained personnel.
- Working more efficient and more effective.
- Game-like training is more attractive way of training.
- More reliable and self-confident (new) operators.
- Can be periodically trained to make them more familiar.
- Learning from mistakes (learning by doing).
- Reduced training times.
Engineers also benefit from it by using it not only as a training tool, but also as an engineering tool. To run tests, to tune controllers and to predict or investigate to know the plant behaviour better.